Thursday, August 8, 2013


 Part 3 - Life & Times of Temple & Porsha in the City 



Porsha, had an interesting night out last night at a night club hot spot.  
While Temple spent her evening alone at home, just the way she likes it.  
She woke up this morning to the usual mess left in the kitchen by her sloppy roommate & began cleaning up.



Today is Sunday. Temple and Porsha's day to spend together doing something fun.
But the autumn weather has left the city wet, grey, cold, and rather depressing.  




Temple notices the fresh cut yellow roses on the counter.  She thinks to herself"Looks like someone had a fun night last night." 


The gloom of the city with its somber song taping on the window pains seem to put Temple in a quiet spirit.
She drew a warm bath and settled down into deep thought.  

"Mom, Dad? I miss you guys, so much. I didn't think I'd feel so lost once you were gone.
But I do.  What am I to do with my life now?
I feel like I've hit a brick wall, and I don't know how to get around it. "
 


Another hour later and Porsha, finally came down stairs..  She spots Temple on the piano.  
"Oh here we go again. When your on the piano I know what that means. What got you crying the blues now, gurl?"




Temple hated that Porsha claimed to know her so well. Or was it that she hated that she was so transparent?  "I'm just thinking about my folks, thats all. I saw your flowers? I presume you had a good night?" 
said temple, in an attempt to change the subject.


"You presume correctly homegirl! I had a really good night. I met a guy and he was PHINE! "


"You think every guy you meet is phine, Porsha.  What makes this one so different?"  



"He's rich! That's what makes him different.  He's mature looking to. "

"Ohhh, yeah well I guess the money would make him more appealing to you."
said Temple under her breath..  These two were as different as night and day. Money and Fame doesn't define a man in Temple's book.  And Love and Kindness does not spark any fireworks in Porsha's.

"Could ya please wash your plate, Porsh?
This place is turning more into the roaches and flies house than ours."

"Yes m'am, Mrs Clean."


"What the heck are you doin?"

"I'm trying to get into this movie." 


"Ohhhh No you don't!
This is our day to hang together.
I don't wanna here any boohoo excuses about why you don't wanna hangout. So getup and lets go."


"So, what are we gonna do Porsh? I mean, Its raining cats and dogs outside?"  

"Nice try miss Debbie Downer, but the rain has stopped so we can do whatever we want.  But I was thinking we should go to Candy Land."


Candy land is a Arcade in the city.  Lots of sims enjoying coming there to play.
However, Temples Loner traite made this outing pretty annoying to her.
She thought she would suffer a panic attack when she and Porsha entered the crowded elevator to the game room.



"OOOwee we're gonna have to much fun!"
applauded Porsha excitedly.

"Hmph, I'd rather just chill at the park."



Porsha seems to have had enough of Temple's antisocial behavior...  

"Gurl, your really being funky today. You need to lighten up. I mean its like your not my gurl anymore.
I don't know who the heck you are right now."


And Temple seems to be annoyed that Porsha was not relating to the fact that she was depressed
and mourning the loss of her parents.


"I cant believe that you don't understand that I just lost both my Mom & Dad!"




"Don't give me that garbage. Your parents were old. And you knew they were about to die soon. And on top of that you ALWAYS have this funky attitude. I have always been cool with your "loner" traite, but it never stopped you from having fun or going out.  Your acting like a brat. I'm trying to be your friend. But you keep acting like you don't want any friends. So, If you wanna leave, Then LEAVE.  I'm done beggin you to do anything."

Porsha met exactly what she had said.
She left Temple standing alone in the corner to decide on whether she would stay or leave.
Temple watched her for a moment and thought that maybe her friend was right.
Maybe she was subtracting herself from life and her friends.
She knew Porsha's anger was only because she cared about her.

So, Temple quietly took a pinball machine right next to Porsha's..  Porhsa smiled when she noticed her friend standing next to her.  "Soooo, tell me more about that phine guy you met last night. Does he have a brother."
teased Temple playfully.

"Gurlllll his name is Sean Nhmo. He's tall, dark and chiseled to perfection.  I don't know if he has a brother, but if your really interested I'll find out for you."


The name Sean Nhmo struck Temple in the gut like a mean girl with timberland boots kicking her in the shin.  
She knew that name.  She trains him at the dance studio/gym where she works at.  And she trains his fiance to.


"Did you say Sean Nhmo? Dark tanned skinned, Jet black shiny hair? Toned body?"

"Yeah that's him. What; the man you dream about every night looks like me real life dude? Too Cool now I KNOW I have a stud."

"I know what he looks like because I work with him at the gym, Porsha...
And, I guess he forgot to mention to you that he's engaged."


Porsha looked at Temple like a worm was coming out of her nose.
She kept that perplexed look on her face for a few seconds as she let Temples words sink into her head.  


"Okaaaay.. Hmmm, Let me get this straight. You train Sean. and You say he's engaged.
And hmm, you said hes gorgeous to. " 

"You know what I think? I think your jealous.  I think you want him for yourself.
So your threw in that engaged crap to throw me off the game."
barked Porsha.
 "What?? No Porsha I'm not gaming you. He's engaged."  



"Don't give me that I'm innocent face. You haven't been the same since we came back to Bridgeport. Why should I believe you? Now, I know why you never want to hangout with me anymore. Pretending like you just wanna stay home alone. You sniffing up MY MANS leg. Well its on sistah! We'll just see which diva he wants!"

 "No Porsha, your taking it all wrong. The guy is engaged!"
cried Temple in a feeble attempt to make Porsha believe her.



"Just shut up Temple! I'm done listing to your scheming lies. I'm outta here!"

"Porsha wait!"  

Temple stood there, totally confused and feeling more alone than she has the past few days.
She told Porsha the truth.  But her past "leave me alone" attitude, caused her friend to doubt her now.
If only she was more of a friend and wasn't so closed up in her own depression Porsha, might of believed her...  

Will Porsha and Temple ever be right as rain again?
Will Porsha see the truth about Sean and realize her friend was right?
Or will Porsha throw temple out of her Apt and keep seeing Sean?
Gotta tune back to find out.  Thanks for reading.  



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Vay! I did NOT see that coming, I thought Porsha would dump his ass and believe her friend she had for years. Maybe she needs to drop her pride and look around before it's too late! Keep on making this Vay, I can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that was great! I love the arcade. All the colors make it really nice. Nice to always have the story leave a cliffhanger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice twist Vay! I know if I were Temple, I'd put that photography skill to use, snap some shots of Sean WITH his fiancée (being all lovey-dovey with each other). Then poster the photos all over the apartment for Porsha to see. It would serve her right assuming Temple would lie like that. :-)~

    ReplyDelete